Wednesday 9 December 2009

Collections

People collect very strange things.

I myself can't help but keep my cinema tickets when I go to see a film and this has resulted in a rather large collection!

As part of a university module one of the projects is about collections and as part of this I began to research what different people collected and I came out with some very strange results.

Among these were "The worlds biggest coca cola collection", "A collection of celeb hair" and "A collection of navel fluff".

Over the summer as part of my university module I began collecting jam jars.



The question now was what to do with these jars I had accumulated?

After much thought and research into what jars could be used for I decided to portray other peoples collections and memories into jars, this way my outcome would have a personel quality for the people who viewed it.



One of my jars would be full to the brim with train tickets as I take the train almost everyday and never tend to throw my tickets away.
My next task is to hand out jars to various people and ask them to fill them with a collection or memory. The interesting thing will be not knowing what I will get back as it is now down to other people how my project turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment