Wednesday 25 May 2011

My Final Pieces






After producing my experiments in pastels and getting more comfortable with the media I have produced my final pieces. To get the layouts of the images I first compiled a few layout sketches on how they could be and what I remebered Witley Court to be like, then to geet the layouts accurate I went back to Witley Court and took some photos of certain points in the ruin that I felt matched the layouts that I was trying to achieve.
The actual size of each pastel drawing is A2. I tried to capture two moods of Witley Court which I feel I did : the red earthy drawings represent one mood and the dark grey drawings represent another. The red drawings depict more of a derelict shell of a building which is technically what the ruin now is. The dark grey drawings represent more the drama and mystery that is sensed when visiting the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment